This weekend do something different with your eggs. Forget about scrambling or fried all the way or sunny side up or over easy. Bake them!
For Classic Baked Eggs, you need the ingredients below:
- Unsalted butter to butter the ramekins
- 4 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter 4 (6-ounce) ramekins; place on a baking sheet. Pour 1 teaspoon cream into every ramekin and crack 2 eggs over cream in each. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Bake until set around edges and still a bit jiggly in centers., about 15 minutes. (For firm yolks, bake an additional 3 minutes) Remove from oven; let stand 2 to 3 minutes to set Garnish with desire toppings and serve.
- Chopped bacon, grated cheddar cheese, and chopped fresh chives
- Jalapeño, Monterey Jack cheese, Pico de Gallo
- Sautéed mushrooms, baby spinach and feta cheese,
- Marinara sauce, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese
- Chorizo and Avocado